Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
This is an informal group that arranges social and fundraising events for the school. All parents are automatically members when their child joins the school. Meetings are held in school when necessary. Staff are invited to attend, participate or help at any of the events organised, but the idea behind the group is that events are parent-led. If you would like any more information about the PTA please contact the school office.
Westfield Primary School PTA is also a registered charity.
Charity Number: 1179412
The trustees of the charity are -
- Joanne Berry
- Lesley Jones
- Nicola Shepherd
The object of the PTA is to advance the education of pupils in the school by:
- Developing effective relationships between staff, parents and others associated with the school
- Engaging in activities or providing facilities or equipment which support the school and advance the education of the pupils.
The PTA have had their accounts audited for the financial year ending March 2021. If you would like a copy please contact Mrs Shepherd in the school office.
PTA Garden Project 2022
Members of the PTA have been helping to run an after school gardening club, with the help of our Site Manager. The club is helping to maintain our allotement area.
Fundraising in 2021/2022
The PTA have arranged the following fantastic events for our children since September 2021.
- Weekly sweet bags and ice pops
- Film Nights
- Christmas Raffle
- Easter Bingo
Support to school and pupils
- Selection boxes for all children at Christmas
- Pupils planners for all children
- Book bags for new reception children in September 2021
- Ice pops for children during sports days
- Leavers Hoodies for Year 6 pupils
Oudoor Classroom Project 2021/2022 - Target £12000!
We would love to raise money for an outdoor classroom (see picture above)
Fundraising has started in Summer 2021 with a summer themed raffle